Friday, November 23, 2012

What I Wore to Thanksgiving Dinner

Totally late to the party on this...hope it's fashionably late. We've already eaten all of the leftovers, and I'm currently suffering from Round 2 of the 'itis - you know, that feeling of being stuffed/tired. Zzzzz...

Trying instacollage. I'm embarrassed to admit how long this took. 
We have a family tradition of camping at Lake Lopez in Arroyo Grande for Thanksgiving, and we've done it since I was kid. We do a full turkey dinner just like everyone else, but we do it outdoors in the company of nature. Like pilgrims yo. We go with my Godparents and whoever else happens to be joining. Oh, and it's camping in a trailer. Don't get all "that's not really camping" with me. 

Deer in the background. Rustic.
Where is my turkey?
Sweater dress: totally not maternity (like that's not obvious), but got it from some random online store two years ago for under $20
Belt: same from WIWS
Sweater cardigan: super soft delight from Motherhood Maternity, $35
Leggings: same from WIWS
Boots: love my pirate boots, cheapos from Ross

Necklace: semi-polished amber, a gift from my German surrogate mother-in-law

Thanks to Grace for hosting this link-up, and of course to Fine Linen and Purple for the inspiration! Y'all should join us there this Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. you are like the most fashionable prego camper ever :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you!

      We did kinda cheat this year though, since we only drove up for the day instead of staying for 3 nights like we usually do.

      I decided my pregnant belly and I needed to sleep in my own bed. :)

      Delete
  2. Totally fashionable prego camper! Haha. I love the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the camping Turkey day and you look awesomely camper chic....you could even wear that NOT camping!!!

    ReplyDelete