Thursday, November 29, 2012

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}

round button chicken
Originally posted last week, but reposting again since there is an actual link up this time. Click the button to visit the other ladies at Like Mother, Like Daughter! :)

{pretty}
Look who got all crafty and finally did this project off of Pinterest! I'm seriously so proud of myself. I actually got my butt in gear and completed something - and it really does look Pinterest worthy!

I made two (one on each side of my fall flowers). Here is the price breakdown and where I got the supplies from:

Vases from Joann's $6.99 x 2 = $13.98
Pumpkin Spice candle from Joann's $4.99 x 2 = $9.98
4ply jute/twine from Joann's = $3.99
Yellow corn kernels from Walmart $1.19 x 2 = $2.38
Small Red Beans from Walmart $1.19 x 2 = $2.38
Green Split Peas from Walmart $1.19 x 2 = $2.38
20% Off Coupon at Joann's = -$5.59
TOTAL for 2 Seasonal DIY Decor = $29.50
Or $14.75 for each Seasonal Vase

It's amazing how something as simple as beans in a vase can brighten your dining room. I can't wait to do a variation of this for every season. 

{happy}
I generally stick to a lactose free diet as it is easier on my ulcerative colitis. I drink lactose free milk, have soy milk with my Starbucks drinks, avoid yogurt and all soft cheeses, etc. Of course, I let myself indulge every once in awhile.

12 pack at Walmart for $5? Yes please. Nothing makes this pregnant mama happy like a can of chocolate gold.

{funny}
 I succumbed to the pressure and bought that damn giraffe everyone harps on about.  Don't get me wrong, I love me some eco friendly baby toys (or really eco anything, since I'm generally pretty crunchy) but $20 for something my baby is going to suck on? We had a gift card to Babies R Us so I felt justified in splurging.

You should have heard the sales lady.
Me: "So do you have that giraffe thing-"
Sales Lady: "Oh, you mean Sophie? She has her own section right over here, and there's only one left! She's really popular."

I'm sorry...are we still talking about the giraffe teether?

Just look at her, with her big eyes and rosy cheeks...I know she's plotting something.

{real}
While taking a bubble bath the other night, there were strange rattling sounds coming from the ceiling. I texted my husband (because that's how we do things around here) and he came to investigate... 

By spring boarding off the tub rail and onto the bathroom counter. BECAUSE THAT'S SAFE. First I'm freaked out that some creature has gotten into the air ducts, and NOW I'm freaked out that he's going to slip and fall, kill himself, and I'll be a pregnant widow. With no one to help me out of the tub.

No small mammals or husbands were harmed in the making of this post. Turned out to just be windy outside.

- - -

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

4 comments:

  1. I've seen that Pinterest idea... I'm just too darn lazy to do anything like that! Yours look lovely!

    I don't get the giraffe craze either. I babysat a baby girl who had one. She chewed on her blanket instead! I would get one for my 3 month old son, but his two year old brother would probably swipe it!

    I text my husband from the bath tub all the time! Technology can be a blessing!

    Happy Thanksgiving! I really enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friends swear by the giraffe teether, so we will see what baby boy thinks of it.

      Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. You know what's worse than spending $20 on a giraffe for your baby to suck on? Giving it to your baby and having him throw it on the floor. ;)

    I love your candle holder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend has the giraffe for her little one and brought it to my house last week. I didn't know it was $20, but it is a really sweet little baby toy. My 2 year old kept stealing it from her 8 month old.

    ReplyDelete