Thursday, November 8, 2012

7 Quick Takes


- 1 -
There are times when I sit down to do this blog linkup, and it's like the entire week erases itself from my mind. I have to either a) ask my husband what happened to me like I'm some kind of amnesia patient or b) look through the pictures on my cell phone in hopes that I can trigger some memories. I'm going with option b today, since Brian is watching Big Bang Theory reruns.

- 2 -
I love me some instagram. I love my garden tub. I love LUSH products. And I especially love cheap candles at Target on my fancy new candlesticks (also from Target). That is some ambiance right there. 

- 3 -
Our friends put on a party for us on Saturday - it was part Baby Shower and part 25th birthday. We had SO much fun! I loved the games we played - especially the baby obstacle course. I had tears of hilarity coming from my eyes watching the guys compete. First they had to chug beer out of a baby bottle, then they had to correctly put a cloth diaper on a stuffed animal, and finally they had to match 3 pairs of baby socks. Fastest time wins!
We played another game called pin the sperm on the egg, but this blog is rated PG so you'll have to use your imaginations. :)

- 4 -
Is anyone else doing Read the Catechism in a Year? I'm on Day 29 and have really kept up. Of course, my reading comprehension is years behind what it needs to be in order to fully digest it all, but I'm giving it the old college try. Even if I have to read the same sentence 12 times. 

- 5 -
This is what the baby's room currently looks like. It's like a giant bomb of baby blue and fluff went off when I wasn't looking. My shower gifts were all stacked downstairs on the dining room table, and while Brian was at work I took it upon myself to take 6 trips up and down the stairs so we could eat dinner at a table again. I totally planned on putting away/organizing said gifts...but all that exercise was exhausting. Maybe tomorrow.

- 6 -
I took down my very limited Halloween decorations yesterday, and put up some Fall/Thanksgiving decor that I got from Target (I see a theme here). Just some window clings and a sign so far, but it's coming along. We've also got two pumpkins I'm thinking about decorating, and I'm currently working on a yarn wreath and this. I PROMISE to do a crafty post when I'm done with it all. It just might be next year. 

- 7 -
Happy 1st Birthday, Baby!
Excited to be participating in Mandi's multiple giveaways to celebrate Lucia's first birthday! There are lots of great items you can win, so head on over and participate! :)

5 comments:

  1. That tub looks awesome! Jealous!

    Oh and I'm just impressed you have separate Halloween/Fall decorations. I'm super lazy and just do pumpkins for everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're lucky we get a pumpkin carved and outside!! Somewhere I have a cornucopia, but darned if I know where...gotta dig that out this year....

      BTW Rachel--love the tub.

      Delete
    2. The Halloween decorations were from the Target dollar spot section. :) I'm always inspired by cheap decor!

      And yes, the tub is gorgeous. The tub in our old apartment was the size of a shower, and in this tub my 5'8" frame aaaaalmost fits entirely. Sooo thankful for my tub. :)

      Delete
  2. I laughed pretty hard just reading about the beer in a baby bottle chugging contest! Ha sounds like you had a fun baby shower:)

    That garden tub looks amazing! Maybe I should head over to target to get some cheap candles!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some really fun coed shower games these days, in fact, I think coed showers are just more fun in general!

      Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete