Sunday, November 18, 2012

What I Wore Sunday

What I Wore Sunday linkup

I had a serious conundrum today while getting ready for noon Mass. First of all, I was feeling nauseous and just overall not healthy (foreshadowing!), but I also really wanted to wear my brown slouchy boots.

Except, my maternity wardrobe seems to be mostly of the black/grey variety. I've made due with a flowery dress before, but I 1) had never worn it with boots, and 2) needed to wear leggings because it would be a tad bit immodest without.

Silly big ol' pregnant lady belly, getting in the way of my wardrobe, making clothes all short and stuff.

Anyway, I think I might have committed a cardinal sin. I wore brown boots with black leggings. With a flowery dress. Please don't hurt me. 

This was husband's idea of a pose. I don't know.
Flower/Pattern Dress: On sale at Sears
Black leggings: Motherhood Maternity - prob the most expensive part of my outfit
Brown slouch boots: cheapos from Ross

Does an instagram filter make it okay? Also, 33 weeks.
Sadly (depending on how you look at it), I got lightheaded and started to feel faint in the middle of mass. We went to the San Buenaventura Mission today, and apparently they were having some sort of teenage get together, because the pews were full of kids chomping on gum and texting on their phones. A group of girls slid in next to us and practically sat on top of me, pregnant belly and all. I'm not sure if it was the smell of Abercrombie & Fitch or the lack of oxygen, but we had to leave after the homily. No communion for me. :'(

I promise to consult ahead of time with y'all next week before I attempt such a fashion disaster again. But seriously...I'm running out of clothes to wear. 

6 comments:

  1. You are too funny - I think they look great together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think my mom told me that you can never wear black and brown together, and I've been in mortal fear ever since.

      The times are a changin'!

      Delete
  2. You are the cutest pregnant lady! Thanks so much for joining us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. IMO, you pulled it off and are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete