Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sprin Break Pt. III

My "fans" have been complaining about my lack of updating...so here is the final installment in my Spring Break trilogy.

Sunday, March 29th

We woke up early again for breakfast at 9:15. This time it was a cranberry orange souffle with country fried potatoes! Mmmmm! It was so delicious. Of course I had the fresh fruit and yogurt again. After breakfast we packed up and said goodbye to our lovely room and checked out downstairs. We bought Olallieberry syrup and a magnet for our fridge. We took some final pictures and that was it!

Then we visited the chapel on top of the hill and the graveyard. The earliest date we found was 1882. More than 100 years ago! Here is the sign to the entrance of the graveyard:



We also went to another graveyard that was on the outskirts of Cambria, about 2 miles through a wooded path near a ranch, and it was even older. I think the earliest tombstone we found (and there were 10x as many graves here) was 1870. It was very humbling to see all the decorations people had put around the graves. Quite a few of those that had passed were in the military as well.

Finally, our last stop in Cambria was main street, where we visited more shops, and looked at realty stores. We got ice cream, and then headed to our next stop, Pismo Beach, and we drove through the beautiful wine country to get there!

A Vineyard:



Pismo Beach always seemed like an exciting place to visit, kind of like Hollywood, but when we got there, Brian and I really didn't like it. It just felt dirty and overpopulated. Eventually we chose to get a snack and drinks at a bar on the beach. We sat down in the back section of the bar where they had some tables and waited 20 minutes before we were noticed by the bartender. He asked for my I.D. and I reached into my purse...and my wallet was gone!

And this is where things get crazy.

Brian checked the car: it wasn't there. We called the Inn but they didn't have it either. We thought maybe someone had stolen it, but my purse had been under my arm the whole time. So...where do you think it was?

THE ICE CREAM SHOP!

After calling two different ice cream shops (there are 3 in Cambria), I finally got the right one! They said they had found it outside on the bench where we had been eating ice cream! I'm so lucky no one took it or something. So, to make a long story short, I had to drive all the way back from Pismo Beach to Cambria, and then back again to Santa Barbara. Sigh. At least my wallet wasn't stolen.

Thus ends the exciting story of my spring break adventure in Cambria. I then spent the week with Brian during my actual spring break from school, and then Brian and I went up to our friend's cabin in Lake Arrowhead April 3-5. Our time was mostly spent playing Rock Band and watching movies in PJs.

The End! Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment