Sunday, October 9, 2011

Wannabe Farm Girl

We spent Saturday afternoon at my coworkers hobby farm in Lompoc/Buellton. They invited everyone down for a fun get together that included grilled cheese, pumpkin pie, apple pie, wicked pickles, lemon curd, etc. Aubrey and James have been slowly building up their hobby farm for awhile, and it is so cool! I really admire them for having the guts to leave city life behind and embark on this new journey. Now they make all kinds of homemade products including wildflower honey, pies, farm fresh eggs, applesauce, etc. I've got a jar of wicked pickles (wickles) in the fridge right now!

Baaaa! His name is Dirty Chai and he has a cashmere coat...so soft!

My coworkers little sweet pea enjoyed the goats.

Sweet little pygmy girl goat.

Looking for some lovin.

James and Aubrey actually have beehives! Wow! They make their own wildflower honey.


The goat box. They got scared of someone's little dog and ran for safety.

Santa Rita Hills

Habanero/Ghost pepper hybrid - spicy!

Alpacas next door.

Harvest feast with their garden in the background.

I am so envious of their rural yet still close to city lifestyle! I've always been a wannabe farm girl, and hopefully someday I can convince my husband to live the semi-rural life with me. I would love to have chickens, goats and a garden. I think I'll leave the bees to them though. Hope you all had a relaxing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment