Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman for more Daybook entries!

Outside my window... the sun is in the process of setting, and I can hear the mommy and daddy birds working on their nests under the eaves of the roof. The weather has been so perfect lately - low 70's with sunshine and clouds and a soft breeze. My favorite!

I am thinking... about what a wonderful relaxed weekend we have had and how hard it will be to return to the grind of work tomorrow.

I am thankful for... our parish and our priest - his homilies always speak to me. Isn't that great, when you have a wonderful priest who can make the gospel come alive?

From the kitchen... strawberries and chocolate, mango mochi ice cream, and the lovely smell of fresh baked muffins. 

I am hoping... for a pleasant week at work, and enough energy to get things done around the house. I need to start crocheting again.

I am hearing... Brian tidying up in the kitchen, the pitter patter of kitty feet, and EWTN on our television.

Around the house... the cats are being naughty and picking on each other. Being brothers and sisters they have difficulty sharing toys. My vase is empty and I am wanting some new flowers for my table. The coffee table needs dusting (again!). 

One of my favorite things... Listening to Mother Angelica on ETWN. Lately I've been listening to her in the background while I'm at work. 

A few plans for the rest of the week... Finishing up a Shutterfly album of our wedding to give to our German family when we visit next month, and albums for our parents. 

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
Ella loves her Daddy's shoes, and will do anything in her power to get as close as possible to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment