Monday, May 9, 2011

Childless By Choice

There's a very interesting article posted by Jennie that I wanted to link to here.

I've come across a number of these "child free" books on Amazon and was flabbergasted to learn there was a "movement." How very, very sad.

I completely agree with her, when she states:
Ultimately, though, I feel pity for these couples. I would think that despite all the travels and adventures and money saved or spent, eventually life would become a little dull. A life of self-indulgence and one that glorifies the “me” is an unhappy life indeed. Sure, it may be fun for a while, but all that glitters eventually fades. Plus, I have never heard a person or couple complain that they shouldn’t have had that fourth or fifth or thirteenth child, but rather wistfully looking back on life, wish they had just one more child. That is one regret I hope to never have.

No one ever gets to the end of their life and regrets having had children, but there are plenty of couples who regret not having had more.

No comments:

Post a Comment