Monday, May 31, 2010

Where to Begin?

One week ago from today, I was thinking about starting a topic on my blog about what it's like to be unemployed. How your own apartment feels like a prison, you can't go outside because you don't want to spend money on your limited budget, or how everything on TV starts to look the same.

On Tuesday morning, at 9:30am, I got a call from a company I had had two phone interviews and a 3 hour interview with in person. I was so impressed with their dedication to their employees, their level of commitment to saving lives, and how truly happy all the employees were at the company. I thought I was in over my head to be honest; this was by far the best job I had interviewed for in 2 months of unemployment.

Dan said good morning, asked how I was, and wanted to speak to me about a job offer. Honestly, I would have accepted any offer they would have given me. I really wanted to work for them. But the job offer was amazing, the benefits are amazing. I feel so blessed. He asked if I could come in on Friday to get some paperwork started and meet all my coworkers. I was so excited I could hardly wait.

I met the CEO and Founder of the company, I met coworkers, etc. Everyone was so nice and welcoming. It was a very fun atmosphere, I wasn't scared to ask questions or get involved at all.

Tuesday will be my second day. Can't wait!



The saga of unemployment has come to an end - and I am so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment