Friday, May 7, 2010

My Friday Surprise

Brian is usually pretty good at surprising me as long as he doesn't get nervous...then I know he's up to something. But I had no idea what was going on when he woke me up at 9am and said he had a surprise for me and I had to get dressed. I was a little bit confused, probably because I hadn't gotten my eight hours of sleep, but the idea of a surprise woke me up pretty quick! So I took a quick shower and we got dressed, and left around 9:40.

I had a feeling...but as soon as we got off on the Milpas St. exit I knew for sure...we were going to the Zoo! Santa Barbara amazes me. It's a pretty small city, less than 100,000 people, but they have a HUGE zoo with hundreds of different types of animals. We had been once before and since we had moved back I had wanted to go again.






Giant anteater



Well, Brian had another surprise for me. He bought me a Individual Plus pass, a year's membership to the Zoo! I can go any day I want (except Christmas) and take one other person with me. And parking is free. I was so surprised and excited! What I love about the Santa Barbara Zoo is that it's not just a Zoo but it is also a botanical garden showcasing plants from around the world that grow well in Mediterranean climates. There are rolling hills where you can have picnics, ponds, fountains, plants and flowers, koi fish, etc. At the top of the Zoo (it's situated on hills) you can see the ocean. It's a truly beautiful place to spend the day! Now I just need to find more friends to come with me!


Baby Capybaras from the Amazon







So thank you darling for a wonderful day at the Zoo. I can't wait to go back again, and now I know for sure that we will!

P.S. I was going to post pictures of the otters, but...they're indecent. Let's just say the otters were feeling that spring step and enjoying the birds and the bees. And all the ladies gathered around the enclosure could not stop laughing when someone's kid said "Awww they're hugging." Yes, yes they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment