Saturday, May 1, 2010

Santa Barbara Fair and Expo

I love fairs. I don't know why but I just think it is so much fun to go down to a fair and see all the products, animals, food, demonstrations, people, etc. So I was super excited for the SB Fair and Expo since it was only a couple of blocks away from where we live. Brian and I got up on Saturday and headed right over!

Of course, my favorite reasons for going to a fair are the animals. So it was off to the petting zoo!


Loving on the little pony.




I was so excited to pet the baby goats...and hmmmm....what is that little black thing in the corner?




OMGZ it's a baby piglet!!!! I almost died it was so CUTE. Brian said I couldn't keep it though. :(




But I felt a little better when I got to pet Thumper the rabbit. I am so naming my rabbit that...when I convince Brian to let me get a Netherland dwarf or a Holland Lop.



We saw lots of other animals in the barns as well, animals that were being or had been shown. There were goats, sheep, cows, pigs, turkeys, roosters, hens, ducks, etc. You name it they had it. I always forget how big cows are when I get to see them up close. We also saw alpacas and got to watch a lady spinning alpaca fur. Very interesting! Maybe I want one of those too!


One thing I'm absolutely sure I don't want on my future farm...a big fat pig.



I did like her babies though. It was lots of fun and I am so glad we got a chance to get out of the house and go eat some yummy food and celebrate Santa Barbara !

No comments:

Post a Comment