Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook

Please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman for more Daybook entries!

Outside my window... the mockingbirds are just starting their nightly noise. Can't wait for mating season to be over, because these birds sing ALL NIGHT.

I am thinking... about planning another trip to Arkansas in the fall, and taking my husband along this time!

I am thankful for... the opportunity to stay at home and rest. If I hadn't been laid off, I would not have been able to go to Arkansas to spend time with family. I find I am a lot happier at home than I am anywhere else.

In the kitchen... we had peperoncini beef sandwiches for dinner, made in the crockpot. Brian liked them, but I felt that the flavor was not strong enough.
 
I am wearing... my pajamas!
 
I am creating... slowly but surely working on my Smash journal, and getting all my pictures together from my Arkansas trip. I keep meaning to do more crafting, but haven't really had the inspiration.

I am going... to the doctor's office tomorrow. Then maybe running a few errands. Might head down to Bed Bath and Beyond to pick up a few household items.

I am wondering...
if Brian will continue going to school every day, like he did today. I am used to having him at home with me while he grades or researches, but I think it is better for him to work outside of the home so he has less distractions. I sure missed him though!

I am reading...
nothing right now, but I am thinking about getting back into a fantasy/science fiction series. Maybe Wheel of Time, or getting back into Dragonriders of Pern. Brian is reading the Game of Thrones series, but it might be too graphic for me.

I am hoping...
that the pressure of planning a very large wedding isn't making my dear friend Jennifer crazy. I am praying that everything will work out and all disagreements will be resolved.

I am looking forward to...
trying new recipes this week.

Around the house...
my scrapbooking stuff is still in the living room, there are new knickknacks from Arkansas, and I'm working on getting rid of some old paperwork.

A favorite quote for today...
"I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was." - Muhammad Ali

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Doctor's appointment tomorrow, Dentist on Friday. Church on Sunday. Maybe zoo this weekend?

A peek into my day...

My favorite monkey family had twins! Here's one baby.

1 comment:

  1. I just picked up the Narnia books to read this week as I had the flu and couldn't do much else. I don't think I have ever read the whole series. This week I finished The Magician's Nephew and Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe, now into The Horse and His Boy. Nothing like combining a fever with the land of Narnia! Makes for quite an interesting week. :)

    ReplyDelete