Thursday, March 15, 2012

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}


IMG_8896-3
 
Arkansas Edition

{Pretty}
Taking the working dogs for their walk on my Great Uncle Jim's 50+ acres of farm and woods with my Dad, brother, and cousin Shelli. Come summer these trees will be so lush and green you can barely see the sky.

{Happy}
Nothing makes me happier than riding a horse. This is Turtle, my cousin Shelli's horse she uses for team roping competitions. He's a gentle guy who doesn't get bothered by anything! We only got to go riding twice, since it rained other days and the arena was too wet. Still, those hours I spent in the arena were fantastic!

{Funny}
Does this look familiar to anyone? It's the Duggar House! The Duggars live in Tontitown, AR which is just 20 minutes east of where my family lives. It was an easy drive as we were headed into Bentonville to visit my Grandma in the hospital anyway. Finally, something I can scratch off my bucket list. Just kidding...too bad none of them came outside. 

{Real}
My first attempt at capturing the sign heading into Decatur, where my Dad's mother grew up (and still lives). Unfortunately my Dad got a little trigger happy and gassed it before I had gotten a good picture. I made him turn back around (hard to accomplish on a tiny country road) so I could get another picture. And yes, that sign says population 1,314. As my Great Aunt Jan says about Decatur, "Don't blink, you might miss it!"

More posts to come soon on my adventures in Arkansas/Oklahoma!

3 comments:

  1. what an interesting place...so open! and the Duggars house... is pretty cool
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Duggar house!! That's soo cool! Eric Stonestreet's(Cam on Modern Family) parents live in my town and I've always wanted to drive by their house and take a picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining! I love your happiness with the horse! I love horses!

    ReplyDelete