Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Slow Cooking: Chicken with Basil Cream Sauce

This recipe is from Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Two. It's very simple: just two chicken breasts, a jar of alfredo sauce, 3-4 T of pesto sauce, and salt and pepper to taste.

I cooked the chicken a bit on both sides before putting it in the crockpot, but you don't have to. Salt and pepper to taste.

In a separate bowl mix the alfredo sauce with the pesto.

Pour it over the chicken. I cooked it for 3 hours.

Served over fettuccine pasta and with a side of veggies.

We have 8 different colored plates, and somehow I manage to get the same one for both of my food posts. Figures.

Anyway, this was really good. My husband liked it even more than I did. I think the sauce had thinned too much. Next time I will cook it for 2.5 hours, or add more alfredo sauce. But other than that it was very tasty, and it is now on our list of things to make again!

No comments:

Post a Comment