Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

Please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman for more Daybook entries!

Outside my window... the sun has just set for the night. Not much else to report!

I am thinking... about what my biopsy results will be, if these new steroids will get rid of the flare up infection, and if I'll be able to sleep through the night again.

I am thankful for... my gastroenterologist Dr. Hahn, who has been so accommodating with me, squeezing me in twice on his lunch hour, and getting me in to have a colonoscopy at the speed of light! He truly wants me to go on my vacation and is doing everything he can to get me well.

From the kitchen... a complete and total mess of water with lemon, medication, cereal bowls, and other leftovers.

I am hoping... for a RELAXING day tomorrow. More like praying.

I am hearing... Our sweet little neighbor boy and his friend playing next door. Between bouts of laughter there are some little spats, but they are mostly cute.

Around the house... I'm not going to lie...our apartment is a complete mess. But what's important is that Brian is here, taking care of me with the patience of a saint, the cats have been good snugglers, and my mental faculties are mostly intact.

I am reading... I finally finished my Little House book series, and am going to try and finish Anne of Green Gables (two more books in that series). I've also started Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality. Lots to think about!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Brian takes the kitties home to his Mom for our trip to Europe on Thursday night, then has plans with friends over the weekend. I feel like I need to rest, so my mom is coming to stay with me Thurs-Monday, then we will drive home together after I call the doctor on Monday for another follow up. Gearing up for the big trip!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
Absolute torture. I thought I wasn't going to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment