Sunday, June 12, 2011

Saints and Scripture Sunday

Saints and Scripture Sunday


This is the third week in a row that I have missed Mass due to my illness. It's been pretty sobering, but I have been following along with my Bible at home. I decided to join in this link up to give me a spiritual boost!

1 Cor 12:3b-7, 12-13

Brothers and sisters:
No one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

There are different kinds of spiritual gifts but the same Spirit;
there are different forms of service but the same Lord;
there are different workings but the same God
who produces all of them in everyone.
To each individual the manifestation of the Spirit
is given for some benefit.

As a body is one though it has many parts,
and all the parts of the body, though many, are one body,
so also Christ.
For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body,
whether Jews or Greeks, slaves or free persons,
and we were all given to drink of one Spirit.
Sometimes I get dejected, knowing that the world is so big and God is so great, but I am so small. What hope could I possibly be to Him? This passage from today's reading really spoke to me. Yes, the Holy Spirit gave the Apostles many gifts, but those were their gifts. God has given me my own gifts as well, and just because they are different doesn't make them any less important. The Spirit is in all of us.


Almighty and ever-living God, you fulfilled the Easter promise by sending us your Holy Spirit. May that Spirit unite the races and nations on earth to proclaim your glory. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel ...
    I get VERY discouraged because I miss Mass a LOT due to my crazy work schedule. As trite as it sounds, I think God knows where our hearts are.

    Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up this week! Great to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just letting you know the last comment was from me --- I was signed into my other account! Duh!

    ReplyDelete