Thursday, February 25, 2010

I Said Yes to the Dress

So, I finally said "Yes" to the dress this Monday. It was my first and only time having to go dress shopping. Thank God because I hate dresses. I just have some kind of phobia. I know the perfect dress is really important to most brides, but it honestly wasn't even in my top 5. I knew I wanted it to be a little princessy, but not too much. I knew I wanted it to be symmetrical - I hate things that are uneven. I knew I didn't want it to be revealing or too form fitting. But those were basically the only concerns I had.

Brian was absolutely shocked when I came home and said I was DONE - dress, veil, everything. Usually I take forever to make decisions. But I put this dress on and felt pretty good. I tried on a few other dresses, another which looked pretty good too, but ultimately ended up choosing the first one I really liked. No, I'm not in LOVE with my dress. It's a dress. But it's a beautiful dress, and I look good in it, and that's what matters. I REALLY loved it when I had the headpiece and tiara on. Everything came together and it just felt right. But I could have just as easily gone with the other dress as well. I don't know. I guess I go back to my original statement - I hate dresses. But I knew it was the one because Courtney cried when I came out. Hey, if I can make people cry, it's a winner.

Obviously I cannot post a picture of the dress I got with you, because then Brian would see it! But I will post some pictures of the dresses I didn't get. Haha.

The top looked like the Sydney Opera House. NO.


Liked the top, but the whole bottom was going sideways. NO.


And the worst of all - the yellow cupcake dress. NO. NO. NO.


Aren't you dieing to know what I picked! Well you'll have to wait 7 more months!

No comments:

Post a Comment