Monday, July 1, 2013

Baptized!

On June 30 our beautiful son was welcomed into the Catholic Church with 6 other little ones in a beautiful group baptism ceremony. We are so blessed to have had so many friends and family attend - it was a wonderful day.

This church is very special to me and our family - I was confirmed here, received my first communion here, Brian and I were married here, and now our son has joined the Church here as well.

The ceremony was full of smiles and joy - Deacon Roger has an amazing ability to make everyone, even those family members who are not Catholic, feel welcomed and loved. Everyone commented afterwards on how much they enjoyed it.


Deacon Roger anoints James with chrism. 

Well, that wasn't too bad!

My parents try to help James keep it together after his hair got wet.

Godparents Heber and Courtney

Thank you Deacon Roger!

Since I'm a Catholic convert and Brian's siblings are non-practicing, we had a difficult time finding a Catholic Godparent for James. Thankfully, Kendra, who I've become close to over the past year, offered to be our Godparent by proxy. Thank you so much Kendra - you are an amazing friend and I know you'll be an amazing Godmother to our son!

It's awesome to think two and a half years ago Brian and I professed our vows to each other at this same altar. Look how far we've come! We are so, so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, What a beautiful blessing you have there. Congratulations on his baptismal and may he grow in his faith.
    Blessings Marissa

    ReplyDelete