Tuesday, July 5, 2011

We Love Museums!

So we went in search of another one. Actually, we happened on the Natural History Museum of Stuttgart completely by accident. We had gone down to see if we could take a boat tour on the Neckar, but it was closed that day. We saw a sign for the museum, but not knowing anything about it we decided to look it up at home.

We were surprised to find that it was only 5 euro entry, relatively cheap for a museum in Europe, and it included two separate buildings (a 15 minute walk from each other in 35 degree Celsius heat in which I nearly died and had to rest numerous times). So we went back the following day! Who can turn down dinosaur bones?

I can totally understand why people thought the platypus was fake. I mean, look at it.

I'd never seen the inside of a turtle before. Pretty amazing how the spine is fused to the shell.

I specifically asked Brian not to take a picture of this. Gross.

MAMMOTH.

The inside of a big whale. It even had an eyeball.

I'm convinced this was the inspiration for that horrible 80's TV show Alfie, or whatever it was called.

On the 15 minute death walk we passed by this. Why didn't we have this growing up!?

Brian likes dinosaurs.

I would not want to run into this guy. Though he looks like he might be ride-able?

MAMMOTH.

Is it just me or does his jaw have fangs? Seems like it would be really obstructive in certain situations. Like drinking.

So that was the Natural History Museum of Stuttgart. Once again, museums are your friend when it's deliriously hot outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment