Friday, April 16, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Well, Brian and I have been pretty busy these past couple weeks just trying to get everything in order with the apartment. It finally feels about 95% complete! We just want to hang a few more photos or posters up on the wall and that should be it.

Believe it or not I have actually enjoyed cleaning and coming home to a nice apartment that shines and sparkles and smells like clean laundry and febreeze. I assume I will like it even more when I finally get a job...which hasn't been going so well. I've had three interviews in 2 weeks, but no calls back. Hopefully I will keep getting interviews though. Otherwise I have to go back to being a nanny. And for the right family that would be fine, but those seem hard to find.

Today is Brian's birthday. He is playing the Halo 3 ODST game I got him in the other room. We are just stuffed from dinner. He requested filet mignon, garlic green beans, and scalloped potatoes. For dessert we had (reduced fat) cinnamon rolls.

So far living in Santa Barbara has been great. It is so beautiful up here and the weather is very mild, which I like. It doesn't get as hot up here as it does back in L.A. or the OC. The only bad thing so far, is with the increased amount of trees, grass, and plants here, my allergies are killing me. I'm actually sick right now. Not sure if it is from the allergies or if I caught a cold, but it definitely stinks. The last thing I wanna give Brian for his birthday is a cold!

I wish I had some pictures to show you...I've been really bad about taking photos lately. I used to take pictures of all the meals I cooked and send them to my mom and dad so they could see my cooking progress. Now I guess cooking has become so normal to me that I no longer take pictures haha. Maybe if I feel better tomorrow I can get out and take some pictures.

This weekend in Santa Barbara is Founding Day, the Wine Festival, and Earth Weekend. So, if I feel up to it, we should have plenty to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment