Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Anniversary(s) and Moving Day

Where has the time gone!? Every time I turn around I swear another year goes by. Today is my one year blogging anniversary! My oh my! I have had lots of fun cataloging our adventures and hope to continue as my fiance and I get married (six months!) and start our family in a few years.

Earlier, you know, when it was still the 18th, Brian and I celebrated 4 years of dating. It is kind of bittersweet to realize this will be our last day celebrating our anniversary on the 18th of March, but exciting because we our getting married and our new anniversary will be September 18, exactly six months later. We kept it pretty low key this year...reason to come...and decided to eat some leftovers at home and then go out for Pinkberry. We exchanged some pretty simple but exciting presents (he got a ps3 game, while I got some DVDs and a book) as well as sweet cards. I think we're settling in haha.

So, the reason for the low key anniversary? We're moving today!

Surprise!

We are moving into our new apartment in Santa Barbara this weekend, which Brian will stay at permanently, while I finish up my two weeks at work. We are very excited to start our lives together and create a (little) home for ourselves. It will be difficult being away from friends and family, but ultimately it is the best decision for Brian in order for him to finish his PhD. So, Brian is going up tomorrow afternoon, and I will come up tomorrow night with my car packed to the brim! Grandma's chair, and my Dad's Grandma's coffee table. Plus whatever else I can fit.

It's going to be a busy weekend, but I think it will be an exciting one too. Here's to new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment