Monday, January 25, 2010

The Flood

Sorry about the lame title...I need to work on those. Anyway, last week we had some crazy weather in the Southern California area. I decided to visit Brian one day for lunch only to be told his entire street was flooded and it was impossible to get anywhere near his street. This of course intrigued me so I came anyway. Our street has never flooded before, but apparently this is a common occurrence in Brian's neighborhood.

I had to take some different side streets to get to his house, but I did. And here's what I found! And remember, this was AFTER it had gotten better.

Brian introduces me to the new lakefront property!


The water was higher than the sidewalk.


Brian's car being attacked by trashcans that someone decided to put out. No trash man today!


Brian heads out into the deep to pick up the trash cans.


We could have sailed or kayaked!



Thank goodness I had my cute polka dot rain boots. I was able to make it safely for lunch. It's supposed to rain tomorrow as well, and I say bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment